Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Question Gravity Campaign BEHIND THE SCENES

          So as you all know or probably heard by now, my "Question Gravity" satirical spinoff of creation.coms' "Question Evolution" campaign was an utter success. It was mirrored over 20 times, the pamphlet was downloaded hundreds of times, it was translated into spanish and in the process of being translated into other languages as well, and ppsimmons blocked me. Given my personal traction on the youtube community, I couldn't ask for a better turnout and I would like to thank everyone who helped out. Thanks everyone :D

          However a VERY common comment I get on this campaign is something along the lines of "be careful, someone might actually take this seriously and your plan will backfire." Of course, my plan being to show how stupid it looks when someone goes to extreme lengths to 'question' very solid theories like evolution and gravity. However, these people make it seem like people will take my campaign seriously and actually APPLY the information and arguments in it. Are you kidding me? I mean, in their defense, shockofgod and nephilimfree are complete idiots, but I highly doubt that they would realistically believe the stuff in my campaign and actually use my material as arguments.

          Surprisingly, it was atheists and non-creationists who took my campaign seriously. They didn't believe the stuff in the campaign, obviously, nor did they apply it, but those were the ones who actually thought I was serious. Not a bash towards people on my team but there were more people on MY team thinking this was sincere than people on the other side of the bell curve of intellect. No one, and I mean, NO ONE took my campaign seriously to the level of actually believing it and applying those arguments. So no, it did not backfire :D

No comments:

Post a Comment